The HKSF provides training for those who wish to volunteer to help run and organise races and regattas by becoming Race Officers. The Race Management courses provide a structured approach to learning the basics to become Race Officers capable of conducting consistent, fair and safe club racing through to advanced principles to deliver Championship racing.
If you are interested in supporting our sport and becoming a Race Officer please get in touch.
HKSF Level 1 Race Officer Course
This entry-level course equips individuals with the knowledge to become a Club Race Officer (CRO) and be able to deliver racing on a single club race course and utilise best practices at local sailing events
- Students who have completed the theory course in Club Race Management Course can download the Student Record Sheet (pdf) and log practice experience.
- Once the conditions of accreditation as stated in the form, the students can send the Student Record Sheets to HKSF Office for the issue of a certificate.
National Race Officer Programme
This programme is aimed at educating individuals to be National Race Officers (NRO) at National level events, well equipped to consult with Organising Authorities and Class Associations ahead of events to review race documents and procedures.
- HKSF National Race Officer Requirements (updated 30 April 2018)
Junior Learning Resources
Instructor Learning Resources
HKSF Pre Entry Assessment
- HKSF Instructor Pre-Entry Assessment Notice
- HKSF Pre-Entry Assessment Enrolment Form
- Instructor Pre-Entry Assessment and Criteria
HKSF Dinghy Instructor and Senior Dinghy Instructor Revalidation and Assessment
- Revalidation / Validation Course Application Form
- Revalidation Course Assessment Appeal Policy & Procedures
- HKSF Dinghy Certification Scheme Syllabus and Logbook
HKSF Little Palm Beach Centre Assistant Instructor Course
Marine Department Guidance
Adult & Youth Learning Resources
Race Officials Learning Resources
- Guidance Notes 02 - HKSF Assistant Instructor Course Details
- Guidance Notes 03 -Revalidation Arrangements for HKSF Instructors (27 October 2021).
- Guidance Notes 05 - Appointment process and Role of HKSF Trainers Rev 15 June 2022
- Guidance Notes 07: Instructor Pre-Entry Assessment and criteria (10 Dec 2021)
- Guidance Notes 08 - Qualifications Required to teach HKSF Courses (June 2022)
Adult and Youth
- Guidance Notes 04 - New 2021 Hong Kong Sailing Federation Dinghy and Keelboat Sail Training Scheme (4 November 2021).
- Guidance Notes 06 - HKSF Certificate Equivalency (June 2022)
Clubs and Centre