All Dinghy Instructor Certificates are valid for five years from the date of issue. The revalidation courses are designed to provide new sailing skills and updates for instructors to strengthen their instructional technique and to provide periodic assessment so as to maintain the standard of teaching.
HKSF Instructor Revalidation Course / HKSF Senior Instructor Revalidation Course
For full details of the revalidation process, please refer to the HKSF Syllabus and Logbook for Dinghy Instructors Scheme published in 2008.
Please refer to the Dinghy Instructor Handbook for course Details
Dinghy Instructors: 2 Days
Senior Dinghy Instructors: 2 Days
- Candidates must be valid HKSF Dinghy Instructors / Senior Dinghy Instructors whose certificate will expire within one year; OR
- Ex-HKSF Instructors /Senior Instructors whose certificates have expired for 5 years or less; OR
- Those who hold a valid Dinghy Instructor /Senior Dinghy Instructors Certificate issued by other Member National Authority or ISAF and wish to apply for an HKSF certificate
15 – 16 Sep 2022
5 – 6 Dec 2022
2 – 3 Mar 2023
Note: Notice and enrolment form will be available here three weeks before the program.
COURSES INTEREST FORM
If you are interested in joining one or more of our Instructor courses, please register your contact details on our Google Form. We will email you when a new course is available.
Junior Learning Resources
Instructor Learning Resources
HKSF Pre Entry Assessment
- HKSF Instructor Pre-Entry Assessment Notice
- HKSF Pre-Entry Assessment Enrolment Form
- Instructor Pre-Entry Assessment and Criteria
HKSF Dinghy Instructor and Senior Dinghy Instructor Revalidation and Assessment
- Revalidation / Validation Course Application Form
- Revalidation Course Assessment Appeal Policy & Procedures
- HKSF Dinghy Certification Scheme Syllabus and Logbook
HKSF Little Palm Beach Centre Assistant Instructor Course
Marine Department Guidance
Adult & Youth Learning Resources
Race Officials Learning Resources
- Guidance Notes 02 - HKSF Assistant Instructor Course Details
- Guidance Notes 03 -Revalidation Arrangements for HKSF Instructors (27 October 2021).
- Guidance Notes 05 - Appointment process and Role of HKSF Trainers Rev 15 June 2022
- Guidance Notes 07: Instructor Pre-Entry Assessment and criteria (10 Dec 2021)
- Guidance Notes 08 - Qualifications Required to teach HKSF Courses (June 2022)
Adult and Youth
- Guidance Notes 04 - New 2021 Hong Kong Sailing Federation Dinghy and Keelboat Sail Training Scheme (4 November 2021).
- Guidance Notes 06 - HKSF Certificate Equivalency (June 2022)
Clubs and Centre