Other Courses, Workshops & Seminars
HKSF Little Palm Beach Centre Assistant Instructor Course
The HKSF Assistant Dinghy Instructor is a competent small boat sailor, who has been trained to assist with teaching sailing under the direct supervision of an HKSF Instructor or Senior Instructor.
Induction training in basic teaching techniques will be provided by an approved HKSF Senior Instructor or Trainer. The focus will be on the roles of the Assistant Instructor, teaching methods and safe practice.
The HKSF Assistant Instructor course will cover the following:
● Definition and specific roles of the HKSF Assistant Instructor
● Qualities of a good instructor
● Principles of Instructional technique
● Teaching resources and good techniques
● The Teaching Method
● Reducing risk and safe practice
● Centre rules and procedures / policies
● Standards of behavior / code of conduct
The course will include practical tasks such as:
● Assisting teaching and presenting various common teaching tasks
● Helping with on-shore drills and on the slipway / pontoon
● Demonstrating boat rigging and preparation
● How to assist on the water at various levels in various dinghies
Candidates must hold the HKSF Level 3 Dinghy Certificate. If they do not hold an HKSF Level 3, they may still attend the course, but an Assistant Instructor Certificate will not be awarded until the Level 3 has been successfully completed.
Please refer to the latest Course Notice and Enrolment Form.
HKSF Keelboat Instructor Course
- Candidates should have at least five years keelboat sailing; or
- Candidates must be active keelboat racers who have taken part in national or international competitions between 2020 and 2021
- Holder of a valid First Aid Certificate and a valid Pleasure Vessel Operator Certificate of Competency issued by Marine Department.
Please refer to the latest course notice.
HKSF Safety Boat Handling Course
All instructors are required to attend and pass a two-day HKSF Safety Boat Handling Course within one year upon successful completion of their Dinghy Instructor Course for their certificate to remain valid.
HKSF recognises the RYA Safety Boat Certificate as equivalent to HKSF Safety Boat Handling Course.
Please refer to the Dinghy Instructor Handbook for course Details
- Candidates must be valid HKSF Dinghy Instructors
- Candidates must hold a valid PVOC Grade 2 Certificate issued by the Marine Department
Please register you interest on the Google form and we will contact you when a new course is available.
Please see our Events page to view our current courses
If you are interested in joining one or more of our Instructor courses, please register your contact details on our Google Form. We will email you when a new course is available.
If you are interested in our Safety Boat or courses please get in touch.
Junior Learning Resources
Instructor Learning Resources
HKSF Dinghy Instructor and Senior Dinghy Instructor Revalidation and Assessment